Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

what i learned

From what I learned from my food practicum is that I am very lucky to live near a farmers market like Hollygrove. This is how I am allowed to follow my land ethic of buying locally, living with in season and eating health. I want to have farmers markets available to more people in this country and to have more people thinking in this direction of locally buying. I am tired of seeing us support China and India when we should be supporting ourselves. I think we are letting too much money follow out of our country. I want to keep the money in America. On another note, I am not pushing for having every thing being organic. I am concerned with people getting raped up in the idea that every thing has to be organic for it to be healthy. With more of the demand for organic things I hope the farms do not deforest areas so they can have an organic from. I rather see existing farms start farming organically. One other thing that I observed with the food practicum was it is pretty evident that when buying food you get what you are paying.

No comments:

Post a Comment