Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

Food Narrative

After having gone to Walgreen's, the C-store and Winn Dixie
I have come to realize that finding out where your fresh
vegetables and fruits come from is quite a challenge.
Everything now - a-days is transported from one place to
another that its origin is often lost, forgotten or
purposefully not displayed. During our class discussion I
came to realize that it was not just me who had trouble
finding the original location of my food growth. When I
went to Winn Dixie they were no help whatsoever. I shop
there all the time but never thought to ask where the fruits
actually came from. So, this time I decided to ask and their
response, look at the sign. Most of the fruit I looked at
had labels that said things like juicy and delicious, but I
want more. I want fresh, juicy, delicious fruit, is that so
much to ask? I would like to known for sure that my fruit
has not been sitting in the local grocery chain for a month
and half pumped with preservatives to sustain its color.

No comments:

Post a Comment