Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

Food Practicum

For my food practicum I observed my eating habits when traveling. The first place I visited was a 5 guys restaurant. The way the restaurant was set up made for fast efficient service. But I found it interesting that the still cooked the food in front of the customer instead of using precooked hamburger patties. Also they had a sign posted stating where they got the potatoes to make the French fries for that day. I found it interesting that although it was a national chain fast food restaurant; this location still got their potatoes locally and made the food to order. The second place that I visited was a subway inside of a shell station. Much of the decision to eat here had to do with the circumstances. We were on the way to the beach and needed to stop for gas and ice, so we decided to eat at the subway while we were there. The last place we stopped was a produce market to get snacks for the beach. I immediately noticed the differences between the fruit they offered from mostly local farms and fruit from grocery stores. The fruit at the market were smaller and not as pretty but they had more flavor and tasted fresher. Also the prices were pretty good at this farmers market. I got 6 tangerines and 1 apple for around $1.60.

No comments:

Post a Comment